Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Getting some help - Finding freelancers

At the moment Daption is me and I'm Daption. However, I don't want it to stay that way. I'm not a one man show - I know what I can do well and I know what I can't do. I don't have the need nor budget to hire anyone full-time at the moment, but I do need some people to help with the design and product development. So I've started to search online for contractors that I can work with - which was the focus of day three. I put together some project posts and have put them online. Then I searched for freelancers with the appropriate skills and invited them to a discussion about the project. One got back to me, so we'll start the discussion with her, and I'm excited about her skills, but I hope to hear from a few more. It always feels better when you can pick from a few strong candidates.

Work today was mostly in the Kingfisher Cafe and Starbucks. The site I'm primarily using for finding talent is UpWork. Unfortunately, it was particularly buggy today, and I couldn't view portfolios after an hour or two. In my mind portfolios are the best way to evaluate talent. So things didn't go as smoothly as hoped.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard back from the guy about where and how to register the company. I'll hope to make that connection in the next few days too.









No comments: