Tuesday, April 5, 2016

April fools

First post in a long time...

On Friday I moved from a nice full-time gig at Nikon Europe to a part-time role, so that I could spend the other half of my time working on a new business idea that I've been thinking about for a while.

Job number one on Friday - I moved.

I had originally taken a small apartment in Amsterdam while I was doing consulting work for Nikon. I thought it was going to be a short term contract, but it turned into a full year's worth of work. Now that I'm going to be working from home for much of the next few months I needed a place more conducive to that work. In short, I needed an apartment with a table, and my prior place didn't actually have that. Plus, since I'm going to be self-funding this venture initially, I was eager to save a few Euros.

So, Friday was a moving day. It didn't feel like much got accomplished on the new company, but having a space to work in is important. So a good start. I guess.

No comments: