Thursday, July 28, 2011

Got gas?

When I woke up this morning I discovered that I had no hot water. I had a cold shower and went to work, hoping it would be working by the time I got home. When I returned home this evening my gas was still not working. I realized that it was probably time to figure out what the heck the card from the gas company that I got in the mail yesterday said.


I copied the notice into Google Translate. Here's what I got: 


"Dear Sir Madam,

related work on the pipeline and / or replacing your gas meter, your gas supply has been interrupted. Before you can use gas again, it is necessary for the following acts:

a) close all faucets and open the device at the meter gashoofdkraan:
b) insert the gas, preferably the cooking stove. If there is no gas pressure mustact a. wait 15 minutes and repeat. Then continue with action b:
c) let the gas burn 5 minutes and make sure it really stays on (there is some airin the pipe have been);
d) fire up your other devices

If problems arise, the need to contact the National toringsnummer gas andelectricity, from 0800 to 9009. This number is available 24 hours a day."



With instructions like that for reconnecting your gas line, what could go wrong?

2 comments:

Christy said...

Wait for Colleen to come back please.

Jenn said...

Oh the joys of living abroad. But translations are fun! Safety be damned. But really, please don't blow yourself up trying to get things going.