Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A fabulous combo

I walked past this business this afternoon and was very intrigued.

They've created a gym for swordfighting. And they're not talking fencing here, but good old fashioned sword fighting.

I can't claim to be terribly cool. Actually, I'm kind of geeky, so I know geeky when I see it, and this is crazy-geeky. I spotted a guy walking down the street the other day carrying what appeared to be a broadsword and had a bit of a chuckle.

On the other hand, I'll bet these guys are in way better shape than I am. I'm sure swinging a sword requires a lot more cardio than swinging a golf club.

And you've got to respect embracing your passion, running with it, and turning it into a business. I hope they do incredibly well and open a chain of swordplay gyms across North America. That'd be very cool.

This reminds me of Dave Eggers' very cool pirate store in San Francisco. I loved that placed and the story behind it.

No comments: