Monday, January 18, 2010

Coke Bottle Design History


I spotted this image on pete.com the other day and thought it was pretty cool.

Check out that original bottle on the far left. How cool is that? With a rounded glass top. I would absolutely buy a beverage that came in a bottle like that.

And the third one across with a wide middle and narrow bottom. Maybe not terribly stable, but amazing looking.

I'm not going to say that Coke's bottle has gotten worse. I still love their current iconic design. But I do love these super retro bottles. It'd be amazing if they'd roll one of them out for a special edition some time.

On a related note - I loved what Coke did with their can design a couple of years ago. They decided to take their can and remove all the frou-frou elements. They went back to the basics, and it looked great. Like so many things in design, less was more.

Check it out:

No comments: