Friday, July 17, 2009

The world in real time

I found pingwire today via William Gibson's blog.

It provides a real time view of the images being posted to Twitter. No editing, just a pure image stream.

It's pretty amazing to watch and see what people are shooting. No context or idea of who the photographers are, just things that people thought were important, interesting or beautiful enough to take a photo of and post.

There seemed to be a lot of shots of breasts. Why am I not surprised? I've never posted a photo of breasts to Twitter, which probably says a lot about my lifestyle. (sigh)

As Mr. Gibson, who I am a huge fan of, says: "Simultaneously profoundly amazing and definitively boring."

This is one of those random things that wouldn't have been conceivable without massive bandwidth.

No comments: