Saturday, March 14, 2009

Mark Mizgala's work

A colleague and friend of mine, Mark Mizgala, just had his gallery opening on Thursday evening at the Winsor Gallery. I've been to his painting shows before, but this is the first time that I've had a chance to see his photography work. It's terrific.

He has covered 3 categories - found materials, doll dresses and broken squirt guns. There's some deep psychoanalysis required for those, but I'll leave that to others to consider.

It's got to be a tough time for the art market, but I get the feeling that those with money still have money and are still buying. That's what I've been hearing about the high end car market, and it probably applies to art too. I believe that Mark will do very well in this new medium.

Here are a couple of my favourites:





If you're in Vancouver, stop by his show. The gallery is on the 3000 block of South Granville.

No comments: