Monday, October 6, 2008

KFC ends world hunger

I like this:



If I were a candidate, I'd probably make the comment about world hunger. Ten seconds of the debate to do something that's good seems like not a bad idea. But I'm sure my team would have a good discussion over it. After all, should a commercial enterprise such as KFC be able to impact the presidential debates, no matter what good cause they do it under.

If one of the candidates does make the comment, there will be a lot of press out there focussing on KFC. If I'm KFC I'd better make damned sure that I've got all my ducks in a row when it comes to my efforts to end hunger. And $20k is not a lot of money when it comes to UN efforts against world hunger.

Overall I like this idea. It leads to more thinking and discussion, which eventually leads back to addressing the real issue.

1 comment:

The Station Master said...

you're right Stefan - one ad isn't going to do it. lets hope KFC have got an ongoing programme in place for helping the problem, actual plans and real contributions, not just PR and messaging. If they have - good on them, they have all my respect. If they haven't, shame on them for buying cheap publicity on the back of child poverty.