Tuesday, October 28, 2008

about face

So, I guess I shouldn't delete my previous blog entry, even though that would be easier and less awkward than writing this one.

Early last week, a few days before I was to leave for Toronto to take the position at john st, I got a call from a contact at a Vancouver agency wanting to talk about a role there. In short, they wanted me to take on a senior role within their account group. After some serious consideration, I accepted. I will be starting with TBWA Vancouver as the Director of Client Services on Wednesday.

TBWA is a very good agency. Strong both creatively and strategically. And I'll be working with some people for whom I have a great deal of respect, including Paul Little, Andrea and Jim Southcott and Monica Buck. The challenge for me was in letting down the folks at john st, who had shown faith and confidence in me. They are a terrific shop and I was excited about working there, but in the end the opportunity to stay on the west coast and still work at a great shop won me over.

To anyone reading this from john st, I apologize or any inconvenience that I may have caused. To anyone from TBWA reading this, I'm looking forward to working with you.

A brief follow up - On Sunday, I went to a friend's birthday celebration at the local horse race track. For those of you who don't live in Vancouver and don't understand why people want to live here, here's a shot of the track. And this is on the east side, the supposedly less desirable half of town.



No comments: