Thursday, May 1, 2008

cleverness from modernista

So, I was checking out the Brand New blog the other day and he had this goodbye video on it that a bunch of the guys at Modernista had done for a colleague who was leaving. I was amazed at what a great job they had done. No, it's not professional, but it must have taken a tonne of effort and showed that they really cared for Tim, whoever he is. It brought tears to Colleen's eyes (not a tough feat) to watch people put something so nice together for their colleague.



So I decided I wanted to learn a bit more about Modernista. I'd heard about them because of their work, but that was about it. I went to their site, which is what this post is really about. This site is so cool. It has a total of one paragraph that they've posted about themselves. For everything else they rely on what else is on the web to get their story across. For instance, to find out about them you can view their Wikipedia page. Or you can view their work via Flickr or YouTube. Their site is simply a frame that leads you through what the web had to say about them.

I think the thing that impresses me most about this approach is that they themselves haven't done anything new to program their site. They've simply used some of the new tools that make web 2.0 so interesting.

Good on ya' Modernista. Very innovative thinking.

No comments: