Friday, May 16, 2008

Counterfeiting is bad.

So, I'm working at DDB the other day and I go to make a photocopy. When I opened the lid I saw this sticker prominently placed just off the copying surface.


This amuses me fully. I hadn't even considered copying currency on this photocopier until I saw the sticker. And of course, I won't, because it's not worth it. But I'll bet that a warning like that is far more likely to get someone to who had never thought of copying currency to do so than it is to stop someone who intended to copy money in the first place.

I wonder how many other warnings we have in society that cover us from a liability standpoint, but actually make the problem worse.

I also think it's great that they included Euros, Pounds and Dollars. Does this mean it's OK to copy Yen and Rupiah?



No comments: